VivaVoce is an a cappella vocal ensemble under the leadership of Sweet Adelines Master Director and Queen of Harmony Nikki Blackmer and Assistant Director Vickie Elliott. VivaVoce (pronounced "vee-vuh voh-chay") welcomes singers of all ages who want to sing in a fun, friendly, welcoming group dedicated to excellent musical performance.
We are a unique part of Sweet Adelines International. What makes VivaVoce different?
- All rehearsals and performances are held during the daytime.
- Members have frequent opportunities to perform in the community.
- There are no competition requirements!
Interested in participating?
We welcome guests! Come and see us at rehearsals on Tuesdays from 12-2 PM in Kirkland, Washington.
All members, guests, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated, wear a properly fitted mask at all times, and attest to health status before each rehearsal. Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe!
- Rehearsals are held Tuesdays 12-2pm in Kirkland, Washington.
- Prospective members will need to pass an informal, no-pressure audition.
- Members who do not already belong to Sweet Adelines will need to join Sweet Adelines International and SAI Region 13 as members of A Cappella Joy Chorus; however, VivaVoce will operate independently from A Cappella Joy.
- Once you join, chapter dues are $40 a month. Sweet Adelines International dues are currently $100 per year, and regional dues are $36 a year.
- The pandemic has placed performance events on hold. As we move out of the pandemic, VivaVoce will start performing regularly at senior centers, retirement communities, schools, and community events.
- Repertoire will include classic barbershop and contemporary a cappella songs.
- Costumes are not required. Members will provide their own performance apparel, typically a nice black outfit with sparkly jewelry and accents.
(L) Master Director and Queen of Harmony Nikki Blackmer, Director (R) Certified Director Vickie Elliott, Assistant Director
Looking for entertainment?
In-person performances are currently on hold due to the pandemic.
VivaVoce can do programs up to 45 minutes in length featuring a selection of familiar, crowd-pleasing songs and informal emceeing. In December, we offer a special holiday package. We can also do recorded birthday and anniversary greetings. Please email us at [email protected] to find out about our entertainment packages!
Sweet Adelines International is a worldwide organization of women singers committed to advancing the musical art form of barbershop harmony. This independent, nonprofit music education association is one of the world's largest singing organizations for women, with some 23,000 members.
VivaVoce, a Division of A Cappella Joy Chorus, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to musical excellence and community service. Women of any age, race, nationality, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender expression are welcome to audition.