VivaVoce is a new women’s a cappella vocal ensemble under the leadership of Sweet Adelines Master Director and Queen of Harmony Nikki Blackmer and Assistant Director Vickie Elliott. VivaVoce (pronounced "vee-vuh voh-chay") welcomes women of all ages who want to sing in a fun, friendly, welcoming group dedicated to excellent musical performance.
What makes VivaVoce different?
- All rehearsals and performances are held during the daytime.
- Members have frequent opportunities to perform in the community.
- There are no competition requirements!
Here are the details for prospective members:
- Rehearsals will be held Tuesdays, 12 noon to 2 p.m., at Northlake Unitarian Universalist Church, 308 4th Ave S, Kirkland, WA 98033, beginning May 7, 2019.
- Prospective members will need to pass an informal, no-pressure audition.
- Members who do not already belong to Sweet Adelines will need to join Sweet Adelines International and SAI Region 13 as members of A Cappella Joy Chorus; however, VivaVoce will operate independently from A Cappella Joy.
- Chapter dues will be $40 a month. Sweet Adelines International dues are currently $100 per year, and regional dues are $36 a year.
- Performances will be held several times a month at senior centers, retirement communities, schools, and community events.
- Repertoire will include familiar, crowd-pleasing barbershop and a cappella songs.
- Costumes will not be required. Members will provide their own performance apparel, typically a nice black outfit with sparkly jewelry and accents.
(L) Master Director and Queen of Harmony Nikki Blackmer, Director (R) Certified Director Vickie Elliott, Assistant Director
Interested? Join us at any Tuesday rehearsal or visit us on Facebook.
Looking for entertainment? Please email us at [email protected] to find out about our entertainment packages!
Sweet Adelines International is a worldwide organization of women singers committed to advancing the musical art form of barbershop harmony. This independent, nonprofit music education association is one of the world's largest singing organizations for women, with some 23,000 members.
VivaVoce, a Division of A Cappella Joy Chorus, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to musical excellence and community service. Women of any age, race, nationality, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender expression are welcome to audition.